Follow the below-given steps to resolve the Garmin Express download error.
Solutions To Fix Garmin Express Download Error
- Keep a Check On Garmin Express Software Update
In order to install the latest version of Garmin Express, follow the below-given steps carefully.
- First and foremost you need to open the Garmin Express application.
- After that, click on the “settings” icon. You will get this icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Subsequently, click on the “About” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Thereafter, click on the “check for updates to express” option at the bottom of the page.
- Then, in case, if prompted, click on the “Install Now” option.
- This completes the process to install the latest version of Garmin Express application.
- Ensure that the device has enough space on the disk
- First of all, you need to press Windows and R key altogether from your keyboard.
- Thereafter, click on the “Computer” tab from the left pane.
- After that, right-click on the “Local Disk” icon and click on the “Properties” option. You will get the properties option from the extended list.
- As a result, it will show you how much free space is there on your Windows PC.
- First of all, you need to click on the “Apple Icon” in the menu bar.
- After that, click on “About this Mac”.
- Thereafter, click on the “Storage tab” in the toolbar.
- As a result, you can see how much disk space is available there on your Mac PC.
Verify That Your Internet Connection Meets The System Requirements
While downloading the Garmin Express application you need to keep the following things in mind.
- First of all, a high-speed internet connection such as DSL or cable is required to use Garmin Express.
- If in case, you are unsure what type of internet connection you are using. Then, in that case, you need to check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Ensure That There Is No Data Limit Provided By The Internet Service Provider
Many of the Garmin’s downloadable map updates are in Gigabytes. The Internet Service provider restricts a daily data limit as well as a monthly cycle. Exceeding the data limit would result in slowing down of the internet speed. If the data limit is being restricted, the map update download will take a longer time to complete. So, you need to contact your Internet Service Provider to remove the restriction on daily data limit.
- You must make sure that the date, time, time-zone settings are correct on your computer. If the time zone settings are set incorrectly, Garmin Express will not be able to communicate properly.
- You must avoid using public or free Wi-Fi connections as they may also obstruct the downloading process.
- It is recommended to keep your system close to the router during the entire downloading process. This would ensure that the device is getting stronger signals.
- Sometimes incorrectly configured proxy settings may affect the connection between the Internet and Garmin. So, you need to check whether the Proxy settings on the computer are correct or not.
- You need to disable if any Virtual Private Network that is in use from your device.
Hence, this completes the troubleshooting steps of Garmin downloading error.