Garmin Express is an application that is designed to install maps and software updates. But Sometimes users face Garmin installation or activation error after the maps purchased from Garmin Express. So to resolve the issues, you need to follow the below-given troubleshooting steps.
Set the correct date and time, time zone settings on your computer system
Garmin Express will not be able to connect with the Garmin servers if the time, date and time zone settings are not set correctly on your device. To view the settings, follow the below-given instructions:
- Firstly, click on the Windows icon.
- Then, type “Date and Time” in the search bar and select it from the given list.
- A dialog box appears on your screen. Select Date and Time from the top and check the settings.
- If the settings are incorrect, click on the Change date and time tab. Make the required changes and click on the OK button.
- After that, click on the Change time zone tab. Select the time zone according to your location and then click on the OK button.
- For Mac:
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Then, select System Preferences from the list.
- A dialog box appears. Click on the Date and Time icon.
- Then, click on the Lock icon located at the bottom to make necessary changes. Enter your Mac Username and Password and click on the Unlock button.
- Now, select “Date and Time” from the top and select the correct date and time. Then, click on the Save button.
- Similarly, select Time Zone and after making changes, click on the Ok button.
Check your Device Disk Space
If your device does not have enough space, it will show you the Garmin error while installing the content. To check the disk space, follow the given steps:
- Press the Windows + E keys.
- Then, in the Computer section located in the left side corner, right-click on the local disk.
- After that, select Properties from the list. A dialog box appears on your screen with the disk space.
- Firstly, click on the Apple icon from the menu bar.
- Then, click on “About this Mac” from the given list of options.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen, click on the More Info tab.
- In the next window, select the Storage tab from the top and check the disk space.
Check Your Internet Connection
While activating your purchased maps, make sure that you are using a high-speed internet connection. Also, it is recommended to use a secure private connection rather than public or free wi-fi connections. So, to get a high-internet speed, follow the below-given procedure to reset your internet connection:
- First of all, turn off your modem by pressing it’s on/off button.
- Also, plug out the modem cable from the electrical board.
- Now, wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Power on your modem and enable the internet connection settings on your system.
Restart Your Device
If the above methods do not resolve the garmin installation or activation error, you need to restart your device. It may help you in resolving the issue.