Garmin Express Registration Error
Registration of a new Garmin navigation device with Garmin express is an important process that helps its users to control the operations and performance of your product. Also, it will help you to change its settings and update its software and maps. Registering your product with Garmin Express is a simple and straightforward procedure. Although, sometimes you might get the Garmin Express Registration error. This can be shown because of several reasons.
Troubleshoot – Garmin Express Registration Error
Irrespective of the reason for the error, it becomes important to fix it quickly. For this, you can try to refresh the page and try again. In case you are still getting the error, then you have to move to the troubleshooting procedures. The following are some common procedures that will help you in fixing the error successfully.
Update your Garmin Express application
- Open the Garmin Express application.
- Then, click the “Settings gear icon”. You will get this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the next window, click “About”.
- After that, tap the “Check for updates for Express” option.
- If the update is available, click the “Install Now” option.
- Access the Garmin Express application on your Mac device.
- Now, tap the “Garmin Express” option from the Apple menu bar.
- Then, click About Garmin Express> Check for updates for Express.
- Click the “Install” tab if the updates are available.
Reinstall Garmin Express
For resolving the error you can try reinstalling the application on your system. For this, you first have to uninstall the Garmin Express application from your device. After uninstalling, follow the process given below.
- Open the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the Garmin Express setup file.
- If prompted by the User Account Control prompt, then click the “Yes” tab. This will allow the Garmin Express application to make the required changes.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of Garmin and agree to it by tick marking the checkbox.
- If required then click “Options” and change the installation location.
- Click the “Install” tab.
- Wait until the process gets completed.
- Tap the “Launch Garmin Express” button.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Access the Download folder on your device.
- Then, double-click the setup file of Garmin Express that you have downloaded.
- Click the “Install Garmin Express” icon.
- Now, a popup box will appear. Click the “Continue” tab to confirm the installation process.
- Again tap the “Continue” button.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of Garmin and click the “Continue” option.
- Click the “Agree” button.
- Tap the “Install” option.
- Enter your Mac administrator’s username and password.
- Click “Install Software”.
- Wait for the completion of the installation process.
- Finally, click the “Close” tab.
Reboot your Internet Router
- Firstly, press the power button of the internet router.
- Then, remove the power cable of the router from the electric board.
- Also, turn off the system and unplug its power cable.
- Now, wait for a few minutes say 4-5 minutes.
- After that, again plug in the power cable to both router and system.
- Next, you have to turn on the computer and router.
- Then, try connecting your computer to the internet and try registering your product using the Garmin Express application.
Firstly, click the Start menu icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, tap Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- After that, you have to click the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option from the left-hand panel.
- Further, tickmark checkboxes beside the “Turn off Windows Firewall” option.
- Finally, click the “Ok” tab to save the settings.
- Click the “Apple” menu icon from the toolbar.
- After that, tap System Prefrences> Security &Privacy> Firewall.
- Now, select the “Firewall: Off” option.
- Finally, click the “Ok” button.
Along with these, you might get several other Garmin Express registration error messages. Common amongst them is “The serial number you have entered has already been registered”. In case you get this error message and you have purchased the second-hand system, then you have to ask the first owner to remove the device from his application. Also, on getting this error message, you can try using another Garmin account.